Lewis S. Goodfriend & Associates provides services to measure noise and vibration levels and provide recommendations for noise control. Our clients include architects, pharmaceutical companies, and local and state agencies.
Good Samaritan Hospital: Suffern, New York
- Performed interior vibration measurements and compared results with the appropriate standards for evaluating vibration in buildings.
- Had doctors perform subjective evaluation of the perceived vibration levels in the building.
- Provided recommendations for minimizing the vibration in the proposed cardio vascular procedure rooms.
Gelb Science Center Observatory, Phillips Academy: Andover, Massachussetts
Lammann McKinnell & Wood Architects
Bronx City Recycling, 1390 Viele Avenue Facility: New York, New York
Gannett Fleming Engineers and Architects, P.C.
- Performed sound pressure level and vibration measurements at the Bronx City Recycling facility
- Compared the results to the New York City Zoning District M3 Performance standards.
New Culinary Arts Institute, Hudson County Community College: Jersey City, New Jersey
Rivardo Schnitzer Capazzi Architects & Planners
- Performed an acoustical evaluation of the banquet and conference rooms at the Culinary Arts Institute at the Hudson County Community College.
- Prepared a report summarizing the background noise design criteria and the associated noise control recommendations regarding the HVAC servicing these rooms necessary to meet the design criteria.
Metro North Railroad System: New York, New York
- Assessment of rail vibration in the tunnel under Park Avenue, and design of a rail vibration isolation system to permit high speed operation in the tunnel without any increase in vibration levels in the adjacent buildings.